Posted by : C.L. Crouch 16 September 2013

Dr. Dre, DJ Premier, J.Dilla, Marley Marl...yeah I left out Pete Rock...I SAID IT, I SAID IT!!!! And I quote J. Lone, "Pete Rock is the king of remixes!" NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!! Okay, so he did make TROY, arguably the greatest hip-hop track ever made. However...name me 10 other classic joints he did...and don't take 15 minutes like these suckas did yesterday at G's birthday party.

{ 10 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Pete Rock:
    1)T.R.O.Y.
    2)Shut Em' Down (Remix)
    3)Down with the King
    4)Juicy (Puff raped him on the credit...excuse my French)
    5)Jazz (We Got)
    6)Real Hip Hop (Remix)
    7)Fakin' Jax
    8)The Creator
    9)Don't Curse
    10)True Masta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And I strongly disagree on the Real Hip-Hop remix...In comparison to the others, this list is relatively weak.

      Delete
  2. And what's the puprose of a remix? To give a new life to a song that it lacked previously or a differen't point of view...It's all a matter of opinion though. I love every producer/beat maker mentioned. And as much as I love Dilla, I wasn't feeling everything he made like that...He was a remix man himself who looked up to Pete Rock. Pete Rock looked up to Marley Marl. Pete has a great combination of soul and hip hop as an eliment of his production. His drums are always precise...And if he wasn't nice, we wouldn't even be having this conversation...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all...I'll smack you. Secondly, we need to wait til 5ith Illa weighs in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thirdly, I never said Pete wasn't nice...I just think he is nice in spurts. You even listened to a Pete Rock instrumental CD? Snoozefest bro. Many of his beats lack "soul" to me. I didn't like all of Dilla's stuff either...but I think more of it was more listenable than Petes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why you gotta be so violent...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yo...
    Nas - The world is Yours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...that I can go with. One of my fave tracks ever. You still got some work to do.

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © Kingdom Knock - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -