Posted by : derkdajerk 27 July 2011



What's really hood to everyone out there checkin in with us here at iron sharpens iron. For me everything is blessed so I decided since it's still fresh in the membrane I would give a quick review of the Captain America flick me, wifey and some friends took in this weekend. Now to start I have to be honest I'm a comic book, superhero nutt so you really have to had made a dirt movie for me to not find some redeeming qualities ala (the superman reboot and blade trinity) both of which make me wanna toss my cookies while reminiscing on just how bad they were, but i must admit they really did there thing with Cap. At first I was a bit leary of the World War II setting but quickly my doubts were dispelled, and the opening scene as subtle as it was, set the tone for the rest of the movie. The effects and CG work were surprisingly not too heavy handed as to take over the film but unlike the use of autotune in music ,was actually used tastefully to "enhance" what was goin on in the scenes when necessary. As usual there are nods and winks to comic book enthusiast and the story seems to move along at a steady pace which will keep you engaged as you move toward Captain Americas final clash with his antagonist , "The Red Skull" played to the hilt by Hugo Smith aka "Agent Smith" from the matrix. Make no mistake this is a origin movie and director Joe Johnston deserves a pat on the back for bringing his audience up to speed with the character while not bogging the story down with unnecessary fodder. Disappointed at first that i would be watching Johnny Storm wielding the red,white, and blue shield as if there is a shortage of actors who couldve killed this role I have to admit Chris Evans really owned the part. As comic book movies go I thoroughly enjoyed this one from beginning to end and for me ,it falls squarely between the Dark knight but not so "dark" and "Iron Man" minus Robert Downeys humor, but defiantly a must see! Holla back and let me know what u think.....P.S. if u can sit through the credits at the end you'll be rewarded "handsomely"



Later!

{ 1 comments... read them below or add one }

  1. Let me know when they come out with a Captain Caveman movie son. LOLOLOL. Actually my wife wants to see this so I think we will go off of the strength of this post.

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © Kingdom Knock - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -