Posted by : C.L. Crouch 14 August 2013

Yeah so K. Dot did something that hip-hop has needed for a minute...a good colon cleansing. Discuss. "I don't even know how to start this ish..." #nasir

{ 25 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Yoooooooo peep this tweet from styles P about the kendrick verse if this aint real talk I don’t know what is lololol

    g -host ✔ @therealstylesp
    Ninjas with no bars is hoping this &*$% blow over quick and &$%^ get back to saying nothing
    1:21 PM - 13 Aug 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real hip-hoppers understand what he did, and why he did it...I'm not sure why Joell Ortiz took it so personally. Oh, and his verse was murderous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know though…Slaughter House MC’s aren’t mainstream b/c they spit more potent than these mainstream artist. I’d be interested in hearing BOB’s and Big Krit…I like Big Krit…BOB has verses, but I can tell by some of his verses, he’s dumbing down for the loot. I want to hear verses from the people he called out that you will hear on the radio everyday…I believe some of these artist he called out have spit verses, but they on mixtapes and freestyles. I personally think artist that have had mainstream success and kept it real with substance that’s not Nas, Em, Andre is Kendrick, and Lupe…J. Cole spittin’, but his singles are for the money…That’s all I’m saying…The album is SICK though…they all need to take note from Rakim’s Paid In Full album and make a record that’s lyrical without cursing, and Heavy D…make a single that’s dope w/o the cursing…Real MC’s…One for the street and one for the party/ladies…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear BOB's...meh. He's just not believable in a battle environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea I can dig that I wanna hear Krits response and Bob’s like u said! I know he and cole are supposed to even be working on a album together so that could be very interesting to see if we get a response from jermain! But the beautiful part is not even what Kendrick spit , wether u think it’s the best thing ever , average or even wak….i’ve yet to see hiphop having this much conversation about “lyrical” content….and that can only be a great thing to happen for the culture! I got a ping from a female friend this morning and she asked if I heard the Kendrick joint, then I turned her on to joel Ortiz response and I know she listens to all the clubby stuff etc but her response is what made me smile …she said and I quote “RAP IS ABOUT TO GET GOOD AGAIN” …like really fan or not of Kendrick u gotta respect that move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is were my loyalty is at with this whole Ken street fighter super combo move. The conversations are healthy the awareness is sparked the thirst and hunger has been initiated the “NO HE DI-ENT!!!” phrases are permeating. Granted even though lyrically Jay Elect had the better verse from an Art standpoint Ken’s gun was louder. Had Ken just spit that verse in his normal industry studio produced voice and Jay was the loud amped one this would be a diff conversation.

    But over all this is great for hip hop either way b/c you got 3 spectrums of hip hop on one joint which that in itself has not been done since Flava in your ear the remix in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to disagree with that whole heartedly…In a brolic voice, Jay’s verse didn’t call anyone out and wouldn’t insight this convo. From an Art stand point, Kendrick emphasizes his lyrics through different styles which he’s shown on mixtape, studio album’s and now guest appearances. He’s not in a box. But b/c I know this will be a back and forth that’ll get nowhere…I’ll leave it at that and no more responses b/c we both feel a certain way about Kendrick Lamar the MC that’s a difference in opinion so it is what it is…That’s my piece…

    ReplyDelete
  8. SLAPN
    That’s why I love these convo’s never one sided that’s why I love these convo’s never one sided.
    #IronSharpenIron
    LETS GO!!!

    PS
    Ken’s and Lupe’s bubble just got bigger

    ReplyDelete
  9. yooooooooooo for all the non beleivers heres the joel ortiz response WOW!!!

    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhL82912J05gQhlWsI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hence me side steppin who had the doper verse I just agreed with the overall “sentiment” expressed LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I respect your bubble now that I see how you’re viewing it…We cool…lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SON...USA Today has an article on it.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/08/14/kendrick-lamar-control-hip-hop-responds/2652025/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay see this is reaching “epic” proportions…..there are moments when we’ve gotten tweeked, got excited, and hopefully but at no time in this new era of hiphop has the minds of the masses collectively ben this enthralled with the art of emceeing , this is not something that’s goin to fade away soon, I think we may be upon the verge of the next “real” wave of hiphop. Ive always said that it cannot be one artist trickling threw and making good music and we expect things to change when Kendrick did what he did, he essentially put ninjas in a position to bring their A game knowing he cannot change the flow of the culture alone! While simultaneously making himself the catalyst for the new reawakening of hiphop!

    peep the discussion with 9th wonder and Guru

    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhCpX53NV0cYtKYk5k

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. But it's still going to be up to program directors at radio stations and A&R's at record labels as to how much real lyricism and Hip Hop we are intruduced to w/o having to always dig for it...Back in the days you had to have skills first...I pray what Kendrick has sparked ignites a flame that'll burn out the likes of Trinidad James, Waka Flocka and those alike...Give me some substance! #Kendricklamar #64bars #hiphop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yo, out of everyone he named…Tyler don’t stand a chance…I put Mac Miller above him…

    ReplyDelete
  17. Out of everyone he named neither does Tyga or wale and I put mac miller above both of them lol

    *correction Tyga wasnt in the list but i dont think Tyler wants it either*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see it as out of everybody he named they all stand a chance really b/c anything they do after this will have to be better than what they have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unless it was already their best…LOLOLOLOL!!!!
    I don’t even remember hearing Tyga…I thought he said Tyga the 1st time and realized he said Tyler and figured he must have been talking about Tyler the Creator…Yeah, Wale…I like him, but nah…lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soooo…who do you think will be the 1st outside his crew to ask for another feature…LOLOLOLOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay did KRIT do a response or not?? If so, link that jone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/na I agree with the idea that all of there games will be raised ! definently but wale, meek mill, asap rocky , and as u heard big sean was already bearing down more than I d heard him before ON that joint and u see how that faired lol so no not ALL of them will have a chance it’s a couple that I’d like to see what they do if they go in but no not all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let me clearify as far as going toe to toe with Ken yeah/na they don’t stand a chance my stand is just overall general future output from these guys. It’s a put up or shut up situation and from that they all stand a chance to put up considering their past output. That’s all im saying. b/c honestly we really don’t need cats to just stop rapping just need those that are to start putting out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cassidy Responded with that heat we know he has: Check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassidy's voice is irritating to me...Can't do him for a long time...*wait that came out wrong*

      Delete

- Copyright © Kingdom Knock - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -