Posted by : C.L. Crouch 21 August 2013

Top of the morning homies... So last while perusing FB after studying I came across a friend's page that has bothered me for quite a while. Now granted I have known this cat for a while, however, since moving to Atlanta...let's just say he "changed." Yeah...you get it. Anyway, first of all on his profile pic it's him and his fiansir, I mean fiance', I mean...well...him and his buddy. They're engaged. So I looked through his pics just to see what this transformation was about...Ummm...needless to say I see more men with better makeup jobs than my wife...and she is mad fly. I will keep it real...it was sickening. Granted, this guy was mad cool. He was in my youth group at church when I was back home for a few years...so I liked the homie...but not so much the "honey" that I am seeing now. I love him, but I just can't do the pics and flamboyancy anymore. What really gets me is that he was ALWAYS profesing God's Word on his status yet with a pic of him and his "buddy" looking all in love. It just bothered me. With that being said,there are a few others that I may chop. Am I wrong for this? Is this the equivalent of me deleting somone because of political views, religion, race, etc? What sayeth ye?

{ 3 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. There was a reason why God told Lot and his family to roll out and not to look back. Looking back in this case would have been an act of disobedience to the Word in which if you believe then you understand it to be true just and justified in obeying.
    It’s natural for us to reflect back on things that may hurt us or even on good times that we may wish to enjoy again. this creates a stagnation in moving forward and in our ultimately growth. Each of us have an individual relationship that we must nurture and mature and if that does not align with the forward motion that has been created for us than we will never step into the ordered steps on that path we have been set upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo thats a really good question and well put. I have a similar situation but with a friend ,whom calling a adamant Atheist, is almost an understatment. He and i have had heated debates on face book and its not even so much his views that have motivated these back and forths but his self righteous attitude and attacking manner in which he states them. I can say that on a number of occassions my first thought was to unfriend and keep it moving but then i thought isnt this exactly what he would loooove to see happen, just so he could point the finger at me and say hey i thought you where suppose to have love for me but then you unfriend me and turn your back. In that respect he would have a point, but i dont think every situation is the same either. Being that only you know how God is leading you to deal with the people you keep in and out of your life it would be unfair to lump every situation into one catergory with one answer. The Bible says if its at all possible to live at peace with people then do so but every situation is not the same and you have to go with how your being lead , which is why i think it says "if at all possible" because their are times when the best thing to do is severe ties. Their is technically no right or wrong to this question only what u know is the best course of action for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he got the ax a few weeks ago. Thanks for you prompt response Flash.

      Delete

- Copyright © Kingdom Knock - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -